Responsile is the respective driving license authority or district office of the city or the district in which your main residence is registered.
Do you have your main residence in Munich, the following authority is responsible for you:
Kreisverwaltungsreferat (KVR) Fahrerlaubnisbehörde
Mon 07.00 - 12.00
Tues 08.30 - 12.00 and 14.00 - 18.00
Wed 07.00 - 12.00
Thu 08.30 - 13.30
Fri 07.00 - 12.00
Under the Authority's telephone number 115, you can quickly and reliably receive answers to all official questions.
The regular processing time for the driving licence application is approx. 8 weeks.
During the processing time, you can already start your training at the driving school.
As soon as your driving licence application has been approved, you will receive your test order and thus permission to take the test.
In your student manager FAHREN LERNEN you can check the receipt and validity of your test order.
Information on your current application can be obtained from the Munich Driver's Licence Office.
- Information and application under Munich Driver Licensing Authority
- You can only apply for a transfer of your foreign driving licence in person with an appointment. To apply for your driving licence, you must book an appointment on the homepage of the driving licence authority. For more information, see Munich Driver's Licensing Office.
Depending on capacity, appointments for the same day will be released approx. 15 minutes before the opening of the Driver Licensing Office. In addition, appointments are made daily in the morning for the following week and in the afternoon for the following day. Appointments also become available again and again due to cancellations at short notice. It may therefore be worthwhile to check regularly.
- Original foreign driving licence. Must still be valid at the time of transfer.
- Identity card
- 1 recent biometric passport photo
- The training contract of the Rausch Driving School is the confirmation of the driving school for the driving licence authority.
- The translation of the driving licence is also possible through the publicly appointed and sworn translator Lingoking.
- First aid course certificate (course duration min. 405 minutes). Not required if the certificate has already been presented in a previous driving licence procedure. Period of validity is unlimited.
- Eye test by optician or ophthalmologist. Valid for 2 years.
- Proof of the duration of possession of the foreign driving licence. Not necessary if it is stated in the driving licence.
- Confirmation of first registration in Germany. Not necessary if your first registration was in Munich and you have lived here permanently since then.
- You can find out which special requirements (whether an examination is necessary or the type of examination) apply to the transfer of your foreign driving licence from your home country from our customer service or from the Staatenliste under Links & Downloads of the Munich Driving Licence Authority.
- Information and application under Munich Driver Licensing Authority.
- Information and application under Munich Driving Licence Authority.